Traditional American pattern pocket knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chui

Feb 18, 2010
London
Managed to pick up a couple of nice Northwoods from BF - they're excellent vfm

What a shame no-one at Sheffield ever re-invested so they could produce similar quality at the same pricepoint..........our friends across the pond took on board what they learnt from Wostenholm and the likes, and are streets ahead. In fact, I'd not be surprised if Sheffield still use the same tools now as they did in the late 1800's...! It was akin to slave-trade in them days...

This one is a 4-blade Congress

4quot%20Congress.jpg

- and a classic Canoe

Northwoods%20Canoe.jpg

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
a quick google states they had a european base in Ireland at the time they were bought out but it shut down some time ago.

You might find an example or 2 but the quality of the knives was questioned as not as good as the US made stuff though

I was thinking the same thing about adding one if it can be found!

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
This arrived during the week: A Maher and Grosh 'Kansas Cane Cutter' made by GEC on their 54 moose frame.
I've been carrying it for a few days now and I really like it. It is proper old world quality and since it is a copy of an early 20th century knife Maher and Grosh sold it has a great history too.
The fit and finish is perfect but it did need a few minutes on a 6000 grit stone and a strop to get it shaving sharp. The pull is very strong - almost a nail breaker! The clip and spear blade combination make it a great EDC and a handy woods companion too.
I snapped this photo before the shine disappears off the 1095 steel.

Enlight1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE