Trader Trouble!

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up All,
I'm still relatively new to 'forum-ing' and I'm not sure if I've hit the correct element to get this info out to those who might need to know, apologies if that is the case.
I have recently been pursuing permethrine solution to treat my gear against ticks, etc (got fed up paying through the nose for the weak/expensive stuff in branded spray bottles) and so I ordered some via Amazon from a company called Healthy Europe (8oz bottle @10% solution for dilution). I was notified that the item had been dispatched and delivery time was long (22 July-14 August). Long story short - it hasn't turned up nor have several emails to the company been answered. Further research (which I should have done originally!) identifies that this has happened with this company previously, it appears they are US not European. Refund via Amazon in progress.
On a brighter note I recently had dealings with Military Mart and received first class service.
Hopes this helps. :( :)

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
You've got to be careful ordering chemicals online. Some fall under a licencing system. For example an EPP licence is now required to order certain oxidisers I use in my amateur pyro. Not sure if premetherin is controlled if it's only 10% conc though

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Good point Mick,
It only crossed my mind after I'd posted and later read of someone in another thread writing about using 9% hydrogen peroxide for a legit purpose (think - 'rubber dinghy rapids!')
I'll see if I can find out if that is the case - I would have thought that Homeland Security would have acted quickly to stop Amazon advertising it though.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Good point Mick,
It only crossed my mind after I'd posted and later read of someone in another thread writing about using 9% hydrogen peroxide for a legit purpose (think - 'rubber dinghy rapids!')
I'll see if I can find out if that is the case - I would have thought that Homeland Security would have acted quickly to stop Amazon advertising it though.

Nope. Nothing illegal about Amazon advertising. I use APC Chemical all the time through Amazon. Although they do ask for proof of licence via email. 9% peroxide isn't licenced though I think it's only 40vol+
9 times out of 10 they'll just inpound the delivery. Of it is under licence apply for one as you have a good reason to have it they should have no trouble giving you one. Your local university will have a chem disposal service too. Mine do it for free if I'm using corrosives or environmentally unsound stuff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE