Tracking WhatsApp Group?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just wondered how many of us had smart phones and would find a whatsapp group useful? Find a track , post it to the group , discussion , banter etc.

Happy to set one up if there is enough interest.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
What's a WhatsApp group and why would I want one?

If you have a smart phone Ged , it would be like a shared text group that you can upload photos to directly so a whatsapp group could have 2-200 people in it , just a quick way to share tracks and get feedback or productive discussion.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Maybe have a few regional ones

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Mind explaining your reasoning behind that? I can see once the main group gets to large to splinter off but the other way makes little sense to me.

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
Well it would be unlikely that someone in Cornwall would be interested in a track in Fife, this in not to say you couldn't be involved in more than one group if you so wished

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
If you have a smart phone Ged , it would be like a shared text group that you can upload photos to directly so a whatsapp group could have 2-200 people in it , just a quick way to share tracks and get feedback or productive discussion.

Oh, I see. Thanks. Yes, I have a smart phone but I try not to use it if at all possible so that lets me out. When I got it I removed everything from it that it came with that didn't involve either calling people (which I do rarely) or sending text messages (which is the only reason I have it).

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Oh, I see. Thanks. Yes, I have a smart phone but I try not to use it if at all possible so that lets me out. When I got it I removed everything from it that it came with that didn't involve either calling people (which I do rarely) or sending text messages (which is the only reason I have it).

I'm tempted to ask why you own a smart phone then , but thats your business. :)

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I'm tempted to ask why you own a smart phone then , but thats your business. :)

It's no secret. :)

I was quite happy with my Nokia 8210 for about 12 years, but one day the display started playing Space Invaders or something and it became unusable.

The dealer couldn't mend it and couldn't replace it, so the new 'phone was just what they had to offer instead.
I could have had half a dozen replacements free in the time if I'd wanted them, but I didn't.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Well it would be unlikely that someone in Cornwall would be interested in a track in Fife, this in not to say you couldn't be involved in more than one group if you so wished

Sorry , can't see the reasoning in this , I think if i was in Cornwall i'd be as if not more interested in seeing say a Pine Marten track? Or even a common Badger? Its all tracks.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
If people interested wanted to PM me their Moby Numbers I'll see about getting it all sorted.

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
I've completely miss understood what you mean, I was under the impression you ment tracks asin trails or walkways

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Edit: I meant to include dave 89's last post, oops.

(I've completely miss understood what you mean, I was under the impression you ment tracks asin trails or walkways)

That was how I understood it too :).

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE