Tracking challeng....Who's home (1)?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Saw an interesting new addition to a local lane recently.

3465827935_ea2a4396a8_o.jpg

I got it all wrong to beging with and then looked closer.

From a glance (I guess the plants give scale) - would you care to hazard a guess on (In Lloyd G voice)
Who lives in a house like this?

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh that makes me so happy. All the same thoughts passed through my mind.

Now look again at the height of the hole compared to the nettles around it

And look at this picture of lots of grey stuff outside the hole

3465827939_ef4878fd59_o.jpg

Red

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Not enough flattening of surrounding area to be fox cubs I'da thought. The shell is a real puzzler as I'd of thought wood mouse or vole too, but the hole is too large. The only conclusion I can come too is rabbit.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Hard to see the size of the hole or where it goes but probably rabbit.
ofetn their holes will turn and bifurcate quite close to the entrance.
i think the nut may be a red herring..??!1?

bivvyman

Mar 29, 2009
Leeds
Chances are its rats den..rabbits would have back scratchings from clearing the hole out,daily.. a mouse of any kind would have sampled the roots, & dropping would be all over, fox there would be bits of carcase or feathers close, & stink like the ex- , so i go with land rat or tree rat (squirrel) ! the passage may go uphill . get a beer mat,beer spils free, split it , so the clean white is exposed from the centre, place it on the floor near the hole, with a stone on 1 edge, to hold it, (dont touch the ground 'scent') have a look at the prints t'morra, if it hasnt been eaten ! lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE