tracking boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I saw some boots for sale in Matalan of all places that would,could,might be good for tracking proberly in the better weather, they were a light weight boot like the old desert boot made famous by the mods of the 60's but for £12 they looked a bargin. just thought i would pass on this info in case anyone is interested.
They might even be on matalans website i havent looked.

Jan 22, 2006
uk
the converse 'chuck taylors' (in solid black i guess are good for keeping low-ish profile) are also good, you can feel the vegataion beneath you pretty well. with a pair of waterproof socks you can avoid the onset of trench foot too! i like any gear i get to be fine for the town / pub as well as out in the sticks....well maybe not the axe...

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
hammock monkey said:
the converse 'chuck taylors' (in solid black i guess are good for keeping low-ish profile) are also good, you can feel the vegataion beneath you pretty well. with a pair of waterproof socks you can avoid the onset of trench foot too! i like any gear i get to be fine for the town / pub as well as out in the sticks....well maybe not the axe...
Ha ha ha yes the axe can be a burdon when trying to order a pint. . . helps getting served quicker though!!!??

Jan 22, 2006
uk
would be cool to drop into the pub and plop the axe down on the bar as you ask for a pint! not sure the polish bar maid in the kingston (off mill rd) would be too chuffed, but it might make her feel at home!

it s a real thing for me tho, i like everything i buy for going out in the sticks to be ok for the pub - cant be doing with dpm. i find that mute colours are far less conspicuous (spellin?) if you bump into people while out in the sticks, dpm just spells 'i wish i was in the army' to most

amott69

Forager
Nov 14, 2005
Kidlington, Oxfordshire
just had a thought about tracking boots.When i was serving in Ireland in the 80's I use to wear a pair of old boxing boots for patroling the streets at night they were very quit and comfortable.Like i said just a thought.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
years ago my sisters ex husband was at agricultral colledge and always carried a decent size sheath knife,also being a student had a thirst for anyhing alchololic.so one afteroon him and his classmates descend on the nearest pub in scruffy clothes smeling of pigs and carrying his sheath knife still got served though mind you it was in the 80,s.lol.he also used to eat the calves "sweetmeats"after castration sessions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE