Tracking book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Yessir - that's one of the first tracking books I bought for myself (inherited a pile of old rhodesian/african ones from my Oupa) - a little technical for a first book, but excellent if you know what you're doing - more of a reference than a 'how to'.

Hope that helps...

N

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
yes i have it, i bought it in the sale at matalan hehe, its a verry detailed book with i think every animal in europe included, and some in north america too. i would recommend it although i dont understand some of it so it might not be a beginners book but oh well...it was cheap :D

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Just a quick update. The book arived yesterday and has taken it's place in my queue of books to read. Anyway, having a quick look through it it looks really good with sections on footprints including splay of fur/skin, each animals footprints at three different paces (walking, "jogging" and running), egg shells, skulls, teeth, eating habits (ie what and how), burrows & dens (both structure and entrances), runs, tracks, tracking techniques, taking plaster casts, etc, etc, etc.

For £1 it's a bargain, but if you are completly new to tracking it is not the first book you should read; it's the second!

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE