Tough watches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
G-Shock came on Tuesday n picked it up yesterday. Really cool watch. Took 20 mins to get everything how I wanted it last night, left it on the windowseal thismorning and up to full bar charge. Atomic clock works out nicely and accurately. Love it.

glad you're got a winner there sharp!

a couple of my dive buddies were telling me about these:

http://www.simplyscuba.com/products/Apeks/ApeksDiversWatch-200m.aspx

pretty much bombproof, but are battery powered, and need to be serviced every couple of years, but well wroth the price (under 70 quid inc postage!)

slamdunk

Nomad
Sep 21, 2006
Sussex
I've had this for about 7 years:

IMGP2416.jpg

Been bushcrafting, surfing, swimming, building, caneoing etc and never had a problem with it. Couple of wee marks on the titanium case but the glass is unmarked. Also had a G-Shock, highly recommended as the others have said.

Bit bored with the Citizen so I'm probably going to move it on and fancying a change but haven't decided what to, so thanks for the thread!

Duncs

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
Here's a shot of my GW-M5600 that I took today. I wear it at work (firefighter), have SCUBA dived with it, and generally knock it about when I don't want to trash my Seamaster!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
So.....................Donning my 'tin foil hat', :borgsmile

And just out of interest [Not that Im building a bunker or anything!]

Which of these magnificent watches would survive a solar flare storm?

Senior space agency scientists believe the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares after the Sun wakes “from a deep slumber” sometime around 2013..............Scientists believe it could damage everything from emergency services’ systems, hospital equipment, banking systems and air traffic control devices, through to “everyday” items such as home computers, iPods and Sat Navs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...-huge-space-storm-will-cause-devastation.html

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Yes, very nice. A mate has one. It looks a lot bigger on his wrist than yours though.

This thread has brought out the 'impulse buy' in me, and that Casio GWM5600 looks suitable for taking some hammer.
Is it best to get the metal strap, or the rubber ones on the Casio G shocks?

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
I've had this for about 7 years:

IMGP2416.jpg

Been bushcrafting, surfing, swimming, building, caneoing etc and never had a problem with it. Couple of wee marks on the titanium case but the glass is unmarked. Also had a G-Shock, highly recommended as the others have said.

Bit bored with the Citizen so I'm probably going to move it on and fancying a change but haven't decided what to, so thanks for the thread!

Duncs

Don't tease us like that !

Nice watch, is it the original Citizen 'tough watch' or the more recent smaller versions?

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
My Seamaster should survive as it's purely mechanical. :)

Yes and no..... An automatic mechanical watch is a terribly complicated thing, so many moving parts. Any change in the magnetic field around it could affect it's timekeeping somewhat (most 'stainless' steels will have some magnetic attraction, even if they don't stick to a proper magnet). By contrast, a digital watch, if it's still working after an EMP, should be ok, accuracy wise.

I have no prejudice, I have both types..... 6 Autos, 1 G-Shock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE