TW green hornet and sargasso tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I'm by no means a die hard wild camper but do enjoy nights out in the woods, recently made the move from ground dwelling to hammocks with some cheap Chinese internet things (they aren't actually that bad despite garish colour) which are now used by the kids and upgraded to my first proper hammock albeit on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

Had the chance to use this combo a few times now and it's hammered down on at least 2 of those occasions. On both tarp and hammock the build quality is brilliant, not overly keen on the flat cordage that comes with the hammock but it works, although I have swapped it out for my own set up.

The Tarp comes with decent cord and the corner pockets are very handy, the D rings are also a welcome addition for tying bugnet as it is one less route for water to get in. No issues with water ingress, very light and packs down well. It also has Velcro running down the ends to enclose yourself in storm.

Hammock has loads of space and is a very comfortable hang, I genuinely cannot see how some of the more expensive hammocks can be that much more improved. There were no issues with condensation, there are pockets for phone etc, an internal ridgeline for lamp or anything else and an sleeve you can access outside without having to unzip the mozzie net. The net itself is adjustable and the double skin is accessible by a zip and holds mat well with little to no movement. I have been able to sleep on Back, side and front and diagonal lay is also possible though I don't find it necessary.

The service I have received with the 2 separate orders has been good with no reason to complain. As I have been so impressed with the product not to mention the value I have already ordered the tw xl hammock and will no doubt invest in more soon after.

The only thing I cannot comment on is the lifespan but cannot see why they wont last if looked after.

No doubt I've overlooked lots of features but I'm really happy with the set up and look forward to getting out with it as much as possible, even had 2 spaniels in with me one night, didn't sleep as one of them was a dick but was comfortably awake.

Hats off to TW

Last edited:

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
My Green Hornet came with 2 very long tree straps and 2 straps with (orange) loops on the ends and in the middle, so you can hang the hammock open or gathered. I ditched the long tree straps, and got some straps with multiple sewn in loops so you can adjust the hang easily. they were off an ebay seller in Nottingham. I might chop down the black and orange straps so I only have the loops for the gathered configuration.
I also bought some dyneema whoopy slings but realised I don't need them any more.
I cant fault the hammock at all. The 3x3 Cornelius tarp is just about right for summer, but I might get the Sargasso for Winter.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've had a Sargasso Tarp for a while now [the lighter ripstop one], and used it a few times, and not in severe weather. However I've noticed the side tab loops are ripping out the ripstop material, I may have to strengthen these. The corner tie outs seem a-lot more sturdy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE