Torch Advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 11, 2006
Lancashire
I have a Maglite that takes 2 'D' batteries. As you can imagine its quite heavy and bulky. Can anyone reccomend a torch thats as durable and bright but a bit more compact and portable? Is there another brand of torch in the 'Buschraft' world that people use?

Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
You could get one of those little LED ones like a PETZL TIKKA ( I think thats how you spell it). They weigh nothing and you can put them on your head so leaving hands free. :)

leon-1

Hi Anthony, you could always look at getting something along the lines of an Inova X0, it has a one watt luxeon star led. The lense system is called TIROS and is designed to throw as much light forward as it can.

Most of the people that have seen the X0 that I carry will tell you that it is very bright. They also make a version called the X03 and a number of variants that are classed as being tactical with the same lense system.

I hope this will be of use to you:)

EDIT;

Here's a link to the Inova site

Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
Aug 11, 2006
Lancashire
Thanks again for your replies so far, but.....the Inova XO looks like a lovely bit of kit but its £60!! The Zweibruder V9 mini is too small. Keep those suggestions coming :You_Rock_

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Try looking in Tesco's ! They sell LED torches that are in the "Finest" range. These are one Watt (I think) and they're great little torches for the money (about £20 ) What I like about them more than something like a Mini Maglite is that they have a proper push-button On/Off switch. Torches where you need to twist the head to get them on can be a pain in the whotsits to operate one handed.
I've been using one of the Tescos torches for a few months and it's doing good service, and it's still on on the first set of batteries too.

philm4

Oct 17, 2004
Midlands
I have a Fenix L2T (3w Luxeon 2AA batteries) and a Fenix P1 (3W Luxeon 1x CR123A) The P1 is amazing, batteries are £1.99 online, (£6.99 in shops) and last for about 2 hours. It is small enough to carry with my house keys and is extremely bright. If you want light weight this is the one. The L2T has a low beam which significantly prolongs runtime. If I only had one it is the L2T but the P1 is a great gadget. Got both from Fenix-store.com, great service. Happy shopping.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE