Tops Tracker Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

James Watson

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2004
Salisbury
www.nativeawareness.co.uk
Hi.

I've got the TOPS Tracker knife.

It took me a while to get use to it's size, but I feel its a good knife. It's a little mass produced though. You should see how many you can spot at an Advanced Tom Brown Class! The only problem I have with it is the sheath, it's a little loud.

Unfortunately Dave Becks stopped making them. I met a guy who had one of his last made. It was beautiful. I've been told that the ultimate maker of the tracker knife is Billy's( TB Instructor) dad. Never seen one, he makes about 6 a year.

What I like about the knife is that you can do pretty much all bushcraft tasks with it. I've found its great for scrapping deer hides.

Best wishes,

James

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
That's great, but I have a feeling that if one man buys this knife, he will forget the most important in tracking & bushcraft: The knowledge & XP. IMO. :wink:
He would probably think: "Hey, i've got this knife, now i'm a fully educated tracker". :roll: Not saying that everyone does this but the novice might.

Cheers

James Watson

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2004
Salisbury
www.nativeawareness.co.uk
TheViking said:
That's great, but I have a feeling that if one man buys this knife, he will forget the most important in tracking & bushcraft: The knowledge & XP. IMO. :wink:
He would probably think: "Hey, i've got this knife, now i'm a fully educated tracker". :roll: Not saying that everyone does this but the novice might.

Cheers

I totaly agree with you Andy.
I'm trying to get away from steel knives anyway. I think people, me included rely on there knives too much.

Best wishes,

James

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
James Watson said:
I totaly agree with you Andy.
I'm trying to get away from steel knives anyway. I think people, me included rely on there knives too much.

Best wishes,

James

Flint? Jade? Obsidian? Teeth?

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
familne said:
I have to agree, probably only really useful for chopping/splitting - I think they are trying too hard to develop 'the only outdoor knife you will ever need' whereas most people probably prefer a knife, axe, saw combination. Mind you, it has obviously gone through considerable development/testing so it must be good for some outdoor tasks, but maybe not bushcraft?

I've seen and tried the tops tracker....... I should imagine its good at hammering in tent pegs........ or um....... or as a paper weight..... its very heavy so you could probably use it as the counter weight for a tilting arm snare as well

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE