Toolstation carabiners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
It is also worth keeping an eye on go outdoors.com, if you are happy to go with wire gates then quick draws can work out a good price as each is two krabs in effect, think they have a five pack for about 30 notes.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Had a quick look but nothing that cheap. I bought a QuickDraw at MEC in Canada for little money - seems a shame paying so much over here...

EastSussexScout

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2010
Brighton
my Hammock hangs on M8 snap hooks. not officially rated but i'm yet to break one and i've had quite a few of us chilling in the hammock at the same time.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
You're right, they're probably fine (mine's been hanging from M8 D-shackles from Toolstation until now but they are difficult to undo without tools). I found it difficult to find out the rating of them, though. I've ordered a load of M5 ones for kit hanging (£1.99 for 10)

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Cuthcy and I both use http://handystraps.co.uk/2-10mm-x-100mm-Zinc-Plated-Carabina-Caranine-Snap-Hook.html for our hammocks, cheapmas chips and have been used for about 10 nights and show no sign of movement or fail. Very happy with them, also a good website for stuff like that, no connection blah blah.

Sorry to **** on your chips but for under £5 you can get 10 of those from Toolstation. I see they're rated at 330kg each. With me & my hammock weighing 100kg, 8° hang (admittedly that's pretty tight) would overstress those. At 30° I'd have a safety factor of 3 which is probably good enough for a hammock

Will see about making some soft shackles when my (delayed) Dyneema order arrives...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE