Tool suppliers

Hi All,

A very new conscript to the site! I have a question regarding where I might be able to get hold of some tools other than the standard Mora spoon carving knives and Gransfors Bruks axes (specifically a british pattern side axe). Having looked around the site ther are some wonderful tools in use and not all from the two manufacturers I mention. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Ps I do own the Mora knives and they are good and I have trawled Ebay, but the search continues for perfection!

Many thanks

Leo

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Depends on what tools you want!!

My tool kit is not that extensive for bushcraft, but then again I have a couple of tool boxes full of gear!!

I think the three most popular is for bushcraft:

Mora clipper
gransfors sfa
laplander saw.

These tend to show up time and time again but its not to say they are right for you.

To be honest though with an axe and a small knife you can do almost all camp tasks!!..

What I take:

1 GB Mini (mainly for kindling)
1 mora
1 small brusletto carving knife..

Cool, thanks for that. I just bought myself some hollow tenon augers on ebay, previously used by wheelwrights but good for all round tenons; for stools etc. I brought a swedish side axe a few years ago but find it a little unwieldy, so looking for the english pattern tools... like at woodlandcraftsupplies!

thanks

Leo

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Give it another month or so and all the boot fairs will be starting again - you can get some fantastic tools at dirt cheap prices and all with that used and seasoned look! So it may be better to hold fire for a short while.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Working out the currency is easy.
Type the following example into your Google bar:

590 SEK in £

Google will work it out immediately and give you the answer right at the top of the page:

590 Swedish kronor = 52.2156858 UK£

Then just put in the exact amount you want converted.

It also works for any other international currency.

Eric

More good advice! this site is a rich seam of information!

I have also been told that the 'Weald and Downland Museum' sells Gansfors axes for less than most other distributers on the net... apparently they are the main uk wholesaler and most of the other retailers go through them.

Leo

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I bought my GB Mini from the good people at the museum, and they had the best UK prices across the range, which included delivery.

Very good people to deal with, next day delivery and a good little hatchet, all of which made me a happy customer! (o:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE