Tomato and other powdered foods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zornt

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio, USA
I started a thread on BCUSA about Tomato powder. It is something that got the OCD going and I had to try it.

I got all kinds of good feedback from it plus other powdered foods. Things like peanutbutter powder, mushroom powder, powdered butter etc.

How about your side of the pond? Do you use these types of food? Are there any other ones that come to mind>

Looking forward to your input.

Thanks
Jon:thinkerg:

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Do you mean dehydrated foods that have been powdered? I tried mushroom and garlic but maybe not dry enough. It caked in the tub after a while. Maybe why there is anti-caking agents in shop bought stuff.

Be interested in the tomato powder though. Will keep watching.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I buy commercial dried tomato powder, its superb stuff. I add some garlic and onion powders and some dried oregano. Put that in bread, you have a wonderful Italian taste. Add some water and you have a Bolognese sauce.

Instant yoghurt powder is odd though :)

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Powdered potato is still a guilty pleasure of mine it's one of my favourite food items. Powdered milk and butter go into my bannock recipe bag to keep weight down. And my grandmother used to swear by powdered eggs. But those where bloody awful

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
How awful powdered eggs are depends on how you use them. If you want scrambled or omelettes, there's no real substitute for whole eggs, but for batters and baking mixes that require eggs; powdered is invaluable in the field.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE