Today's find.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robbo26

Jan 25, 2014
Abergele North Wales
While out jogging around my local hillside I got side tracked by a fallen tree. I have never been lucky to find crampballs before.
Is this normal to have so many crampballs on one tree?
e5u7uned.jpg

I also stumbled across 2 shelters. One looked very well made and the other was a bit rough but fair does to them, it must have taken them a while.
ame6are6.jpg
uhe5a5es.jpg
6a4y9yse.jpg
3ymenyjy.jpg
3a6ajamu.jpg

pa9uze5e.jpg
I had to test this out for myself, it has my approval :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbo26

Jan 25, 2014
Abergele North Wales
I wasn't impressed with the state of that site. There was empty beer cans, bottles everywhere and graffiti on trees. Don't think it was caused by them but local chavs I think.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Have pictures been deleted? I only saw a water bottle.

Robbo, 'chavs' is not a nice expression to use, perhaps as this is a family site its best to look at your wording?

Lots of work gone into the shelter so please don't knock it down (would you have a legal right anyway?)

Fire scars Jimbo? Trust me, I've seen a good few well known 'Bushcrafters' from here leave bigger.

Just leave the site intact and let people enjoy it, looks like some work has gone into it.

robbo26

Jan 25, 2014
Abergele North Wales
Trust me I won't be touching the place.
I'd like to find out who built it so I know some locals that have the same interests.

I think the smaller shelter with the water bottle is really well made. But the bigger one which im guessing was there communal has been vandalised.
Such a shame.
In future I will pay attention to my wording so it dosnt offend anyone.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I was wondering the exact same thing, does it mean something different there

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
The demonization of the working class!! chavscum.co.uk and tacitly endorsed by the mass media, "chav" means "underclass", which means working-class people who don't keep their noses clean or behave impeccably.

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
The demonization of the working class!! chavscum.co.uk and tacitly endorsed by the mass media, "chav" means "underclass", which means working-class people who don't keep their noses clean or behave impeccably.

but that implies no choice, and Chav style and fashion is a cultural choice made by a select few young people, regardless of social class or income.

that's like saying 'mod' or 'punk' shouldn't be used.

(perhaps this needs a new thread?)

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Personally I think the whole thing is an eyesore. I dont care how much `work` has gone into it.
They have obviously sawn down some large trees (by the size of the stump)to get at the greenery,let alone the rest of the vandalism, and if its not your wood it is vandalism

What ever happened to leave no trace?

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
but that implies no choice, and Chav style and fashion is a cultural choice made by a select few young people, regardless of social class or income.

that's like saying 'mod' or 'punk' shouldn't be used.

(perhaps this needs a new thread?)

Not at all ! it is not a style and fashion choice chosen! It is a term given to the underclass by them above that look down on us!!!and has everything to do with social class and income

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
It is not a pejorative term to pigeonhole the lower classes like Pleb or Proletariat, these people (Chavs) choose to behave like morons in public and their dress sense is definitely of their own choosing, it certainly does not encompass everyone of lower class/working class or any other 'minority' group, i am definitely lower class/working class and have been my whole 38 years of life but i could not be further from a Chav even though i am surrounded by them in the housing estate i live on whereas we could definitely all be marked as Plebs or Proles by our wealthy countrymen

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
last time i was up in Scotland the same type of folk were being called Neds

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
arggghhhh i feel pejoratively marginalised by your accusation towards my charvism

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE