Today I made a gate.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treebloke

Tenderfoot
I need a gate so from a few bits I have in stock I made one today, the ledges are Oak and the brace are Ash, I have put the Hazel binders are there to make it dog proof.

Gate 1.jpg

Gate 2.jpg

Attachments

• Gate 1.jpg
    Gate 1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Gate 2.jpg
    Gate 2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 57

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
That's a nice and bushcrafty gate you've made there:cool: An effort to make your world an all around better and bushier place!

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I've just replaced a gate and the old one is awaiting conversion to firewood. If you need the heavy duty hinges to hang your gate you can have my old ones, which are still in good condition for the cost of posting. (Best pun on the thread so far and unintended!) They are quite heavy.

treebloke

Tenderfoot
I've just replaced a gate and the old one is awaiting conversion to firewood. If you need the heavy duty hinges to hang your gate you can have my old ones, which are still in good condition for the cost of posting. (Best pun on the thread so far and unintended!) They are quite heavy.

Thankyou thats a very kind offer but I have a couple of old ones which I have been saving for this job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE