To wear camo or not...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Camo can be a complex and artistic subject given who was employed in WW2 to hide things. There was a report by a single engined fighter being delivered to it's operational location where the instruction was to land, but the pilot did not see a runway, instead they saw country fields with drystone walls and had to land on trust only, to find the runway was the appearance of country fields and dry stone walls.

But of what people may wear to hide themselves in the background, what use is it these days in modern warfare where the heat signature of living flesh is hard to hide ? Sure, I have heard some combat wear has metalised foil inserts to reflect the heat signature, but how effective is that given what technology exists to discern warm living flesh from the colder background of nature ?

But camo or not, I still maintain detection, a lot of it is about movement before irregularities in pattern, stay still and it is surprising how many may miss your presence, as it is those who may seek another expect movement.

I dare say, it is probably a lot about attitude as anything else. How does it go in the pantomimes now? "He's behind you"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE