to our friends

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alco141

May 15, 2006
indiana
it is Christmas, and i wish al of you folks int he UK a place to experience the outdoors, i have been quite spoiled here in the USA with the availability of land to practice bushcraft skills on. i would hope you get to experience the freedom of the wilds that i have had the luxury of my entire life. have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and God bless you in the new year.

alex

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
alco141 said:
it is Christmas, and i wish al of you folks int he UK a place to experience the outdoors, i have been quite spoiled here in the USA with the availability of land to practice bushcraft skills on. i would hope you get to experience the freedom of the wilds that i have had the luxury of my entire life. have a MERRY CHRISTMAS, and God bless you in the new year.

alex

And very best wishes to you and your family also Alex for 2007. It's always a pleasure to have our friends from the US aboard.
A very happy new year and good fortune to all the US members.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
alco141 said:

alex

Hello Alex,

I’ve got to say that I’ve envied those of you in the Americas for quite while and for all those truly wild spaces you have.

Being such a small island, all we have are a few highly regulated and heavily managed public spaces and woods (I have it on good authority that there is no forest in the UK, and hasn’t been for hundreds of years, possibly thousands of years). The net result being that you pretty much need permission to ‘break wind’ over here. And if you don’t know anyone who will give you permission to use their private land for your activities, then the options are few to practice the skills of the aboriginal inhabitants of these lands. Sad, but true.

It’s a little late to wish you a Merry Christmas, but hope that you and yours have a wonderful New Year! :)

All the best to you,
Paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE