Tipis

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

sccadmin

Just thought I'd post a couple of picks from my recent stay in a tipi. The tipi itself was pretty cool, very roomey inside with loads of head room compared to 'tents'. The light inside was also much better than a traditional tent. Great to spend the week round the campfire and fishing in the lake too.

threetipis.jpg

totempole.jpg

boat.jpg

fishing.jpg

cooking.jpg

S

sccadmin

In Cornwall near St Kew, Cornish Tipi Holidays is the company that runs the site. I reckon theres about 25 tipis, most of which have their own private pitch but we opted to stay in a 'field' as we had a group of us. Old quarry on site which is where I'm canoing and where my daughter caught her rainbow trout. As you can see, theres fire pits near each tipi and they provide well seasoned logs free of charge.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I stayed there a few years ago! There's a deep, deep pool which you can swim in if you're brave enough if I remember right. We had a great time.

S

sccadmin

Sounds right, the deep part was off camera on the picture with the canoe, quite spooky swimming down that end with cliffs rising out of the water all around you, pretty dark too!

S

sccadmin

Heat was a bit of an issue. We had two adults, a 6 year old, a 2 year old and a 6 week old in our tipi. It was really nice weather and the tipi tended to get hot in the day but when the temperature dropped on a night, which it did massively it got quite cold. We had a duvet and blow-up mattress and I kept my t-shirt on and was fine. Baby seemed fine in a sleep bag and blanket. I think if we'd been brave enough to regulate the air flow through the top then during the day it would have been fine. And seen as the baby made it I guess it can't have been too cold at night!

suenosch

Jul 1, 2009
Chester
We use a Tentipi in winter. Its got a stove. This allows us to live comfortably for days (and nights) in the coldest months of the year. A big plus with space heating is the ability to dry clothes quickly and easily. This way we have dry clothes to put on each day. Also we can brew up and cook on the stove whenever we want to rest or eat. Personally I prefer an orthodox tunnel tent, or a hammock with mosquito net in the summer months.

S.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE