Tipin Carrier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Never heard of anyone use them before but there very helpful, its a saught of indian lunchbox but its basicly aload of small pans fastened together, its pretty helpful when forgaging along a hedgrow for berries or other edibles, there pretty bulky but the bigger they are the more they can carry ;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Never heard of anyone use them before but there very helpful, its a saught of indian lunchbox but its basicly aload of small pans fastened together, its pretty helpful when forgaging along a hedgrow for berries or other edibles, there pretty bulky but the bigger they are the more they can carry ;)

Greenleaf, they are too heavy to take on a stroll to pick food, perhaps plastic bags would be lighter and easier, just keep them ventilated to stop the food/fruit sweating too much until you get home or to where you are camping.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Pretty sure you can get plastic versions of the classic stainless steel tiffin, which would be lighter.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Plastic boxes you get 10 cakes for £1 in? They would work as well as plastic bags :rolleyes:

Well just if you want to pack them into a rucksack, and don't want them squished. :D

And plastic bags are bad, hmm k :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I have a hankering for a nice old style basket for foraging shrooms and berries and the like. Mushroom Ladys' foraging basket is a nice example of the sort I'd like, don't know if she has a picture of it. I'm thinking of following JonR's tutorial and using some willow, if I cut it and dry it, then I can resoak them and should be able to get something halfway decent. Maybe if i stripped the bark off of most but left some with the bark on, I could work a nice contrast in somehow.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
I got a large size one off ebay a bargain at £5 I used it on a week long canoe trip with assorts in it including eggs very handy , but I would like to carry one with me on foot

Even in my alcoholic state, im presuming you meant to say "wouldn't".:beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE