tipi inners

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leantoo

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 17, 2008
i use a tent tipi, didnt buy an inner, my tenttipi has a mossi net on the door, i have fires in it , i know the inner comfort liners are available, i would really like to hear from tipi owners your veiws on having a inner or not having one, i got a tenttipi vaggie, 2 man tipi, used it many times and yep i didnt need any inner, but i just wanted to know just what diffrence the inner makes

I have a bison tundra 8 with no inner, only a separate floor.

To be honest I like the idea of no inner, ok yeagh you need to check the ground for ants nests and the like when pitching, and you need to make sure that the ventilator cap is correctly opened, especially on hot days in the summer and cold winters nights. I've found more condensation in the summer believe it or not when it's really hot and ground damp evaporates and condenses on the walls at night. This is almost eliminated when the cap is left open or off altogether (with a midge head net over the top).

Without an inner I can cook inside, I've even rigged an enclosed porta loo inside for the ladies when at a festival! Sometimes it's nice just to sleep on grass or heather.

I prefer the openness of the tipi, yes you need to organise the inside and not touch the walls, but hey it's really a nice way to camp. In hindsight I would have went for a Tinde 4 as an 8 is HUGE and really it is difficult to find a big and flat enough space in some of the places I want to use it in.

jimmyh

Mar 7, 2007
Merseyside
I have the Varrie 9 canvas and seperate floor.

I have used it quite a lot in the past couple of years and can honestly say i have never once thought "this needs an inner tent".
For me It would be unnesesarry and too expensive to purchase the inner tent.
Money better spent on other kit.:D
James

leantoo

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 17, 2008
vaggie, 2 man by tentipi, used it in scot and wales, just wonderered what a inner actualy does, and is it worth it, cheers m8, L2

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
I have a tinde 4 and it's on my list of tings to do to make a winter liner.
Running a medium size kifaru wood burner the most I can get the temp up is about 12-15 degrees c above outside temp, hopefully a liner will significantly keep the heat nearer ground level.

antwerpman

Apr 29, 2006
belgium
I have a tinde 4 and it's on my list of tings to do to make a winter liner.
Running a medium size kifaru wood burner the most I can get the temp up is about 12-15 degrees c above outside temp, hopefully a liner will significantly keep the heat nearer ground level.
have a look at this site //www.wildnisabenteuer.de/, it is in German but when you click at kata and than mini lining you will see that he made a lining more or less as in a traditional indian teepee. That means not up to the top; He explains how to make it (in german). All together very interesting. Have a look on the pictures of his trips as well. Some of them are used in the Tentipi leaflet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE