tipi chimney

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 28, 2009
Croydon
I have done a similar set up in my buddies tentippee.
A small wood burning stove in the middle next to the centre pole with 2 lengths of concertina type tumble dryer tubing (aluminium foil type not plastic). Fitted the 1st tube nice and snug over the top vent on the stove. A large bean can, both ends removed, acted as a perfect fitting joining piece for the two tubes. The flu, once constructed was secured to the centre pole using running loops with a light guage chain.
Hint - leave about 2 feet clear at the top to allow the smoke and fumes to cool before being vented out through the top hat/ wind direction thingy!!!

Worked a treat, real snug and no smoke.

>;o)

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Hi,
I'm Annie from Oregon (yes, another Yank) and I'm new to this forum. I'm 57, female, grandmother, who loves camping, hiking, trekking, hammocking and primitive skills.

I lived in a tipi for several seasons many moons ago. I used my shepherder's stove in my 18' tipi, right in the center, with about 4 foot of pipe. The smoke went straight up the smoke hole, which is what it is made for. It was plenty warm.

I'm not sure why you want to put a hole in your tipi wall?

I don't think these guys are using traditional plains-style tipis with proper smokeholes.

The only tipis I've ever spent much time in had open fires...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE