tiny torch at ashdown

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
who was it that was showing me the tiny torch with nice amounts of power?
Can the person who is putting stress on my student loan please come forward?

I'm scared to go on CPF and ask about it

IIRC it ran on 1 CR123 cell and was a 1watt LED and was about the size of a pen lid

Danzo

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 8, 2004
Close to Sherwood
Andy, you should get one of those Streamlight Keymates from Joe, the one I've talked about in the 'tiny torches' thread on BB. They are only two inches long, as thin as a thick pen apart from the reflector housing and will light my my whole cellar. They have a pocket clip and a lanyard and best of all they cost less than a tenner from Joe.

:biggthump

Danzo

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
I imagine most torch options can be found on the Heinnie site and can be ordered from there. Price wise it seems a slightly dear store, so you might do better to look to at the Ebay listings.

From the description you give, I think you saw a Surefire Lumamax L1 .

Lured by the performance and size of these torches, I have ordered a Inova X03 and will advise on performance as soon as it arrives!

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
A few people asked me about my small 9LED torch that runs off two CR123 batteries...

There's heaps of them cheap on Ebay but I only recommend the one I've got as I've had a few other types (mainly that take 3 AAA Batteries) and they aren't made as well....

This is the type I have but I got mine for about 50p plus £7 p&p as it came from Hong Kong....still £7.50 for a good LED torch including holster and batteries was pretty good I though!

This is a link to the torch I have but from a US seller so not as cheap...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16037&item=5161677108&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V

While I don't doubt that mine isn't as stong or well made as a Surefire or Tac-lite at a price that low I could buy lots and lots of them for the price of one Surefire!

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I had my surefire e2e with me but it is not as small as you are describing it takes 2 cr123's. The e1e is it's smaller brother and takes 1 battery. They both need converting to LED so the batteries don't last long with the standard lamp but the brightness is something else.

Bill

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
I've got one of those Inova 5 led 2 cell cr123 jobbies. Seems well bright.
Anyone know a good source for the CR123 batteries online, price wise?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There's a brilliant tiny LED torch being sold in the poundstores just now....mine has lasted for over a year without having to change the battery. I bought them for everybody 'cos it was sooo good. Just make sure of the LED colour you buy.
I saw them later on the net being sold for £10 each...major rip off!....some are on ebay just now; try Keyring torch. The ones I bought look like 4355330175, but the light in mine is white and it only cost me a £1 :eek:):
Toddy

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I second 7dayshop, great for batteries and blank dvd's cd's etc and gives you the warm glow of screwing the taxman legally. If the package is less then £18 in value it does not incur import tax or customs charges so they split your order and send packages of less than £18 and you pay no extra for postage. :biggthump

Bill

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
tenbears10 said:
I second 7dayshop, great for batteries and blank dvd's cd's etc and gives you the warm glow of screwing the taxman legally. If the package is less then £18 in value it does not incur import tax or customs charges so they split your order and send packages of less than £18 and you pay no extra for postage. :biggthump

Bill
You do end up with a LOT of padded envelopes around the place! :eek:):

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Paganwolf said:

Oh well, thats another wedge of my hardearned gone then :shock:
thanks for the link Tony. I was about to order some CR123's from someone else but these are cheaper and a personal recommendation counts for a lot where internet shopping is concerned. :You_Rock_

cheers,

Martin

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i got it even better seven days shop .com is is here in guernsey so i don't even pay postage just give them a ring then pick the order up next day :wave:

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Hiya,

Just to let you know that my order of CR123's arrived today from 7dayshop and I'm well pleased.
6 cr123's for £7.79 + £3.95 P+P

Ithink I'll be using them again :biggthump

thanks for the link folks :You_Rock_
you're costing me a fortune !!!

cheers,

martin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE