Tiny Pocket Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I was given a pocket knife yesterday by my Mum, she found it in the bottom of her button box, thing is i can remember my Nan having and using this knife when i was a kid and that's a few years ago now.:rolleyes:

DSCN1012.jpg

The knife is still in really good nick considering it's age, it was made by Richards of Sheffield who are no longer trading unfortunately, so as well as being a bit of family history, it's also a bit of knife making history as well.

DSCN1015.jpg

Shown alongside a 1p piece for scale

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Me too, think I have s blue handled one somewhere and I had an orange one when I was a boy. Cute little knives, I'll check the makers name later if I can find it but it looks identical.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice knife, I've got a little Richards as well. Not as nice as that one though! Great it's come from your family as well. Are they mother of pearl scales or ivory? Hard to tell in the pics...

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Just found mine, same maer but in need of a polish! Pretty sure they're plastic and mine still has the key ring.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
lovely little knife. i've got penknife with a small blade that looks pretty much identical to the blade on yours, it makes a great fingernail cleaner

stuart

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Definitely remember them on the card in the shop.............. and think they did a slightly larger version also on the card.

Thought they were great knives when I was kid!

Still carry a SAK Classic as my EDC - a hangover I guess............

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have one of those too :D It was just the wee pencil sharpening pocket knife that was handy to have at hand or in a bag. Pencils, opening parcels, cutting a bit of string; that kind of thing.
One of our elderly neighbours used one just like it to cut his pipe tobacco.....that one was stained almost teak brown :rolleyes:
They do keep a good edge though :) Replaced nowadays by the tiny spyderco's or the mini swiss army knives.

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE