Tinned butter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You can bottle your own, I know British Red does a great job of this, but I want the convenience of ready tinned.

Shipping in from the States is too expensive I've already checked. However, you can get it in Spain and Holland, so any Dutch members out there willing to ship me a few cans?

Back in the 70's you could get canned Lurpak very easy in the UK, just went out of fashion I guess :(

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
How about a german butter dish from the last War? they are made of bakelite I believe and you just fill it yourself and screw the lid on. My Dad uses one for his Reenactment and he says it lasts a weekend and no problems, if you stow it in your pack it stays even cooler. You can pick them up for a few quid, he is getting me one the next time he goes away doing his thing!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
How about a german butter dish from the last War? they are made of bakelite I believe and you just fill it yourself and screw the lid on. My Dad uses one for his Reenactment and he says it lasts a weekend and no problems, if you stow it in your pack it stays even cooler. You can pick them up for a few quid, he is getting me one the next time he goes away doing his thing!

Good idea chap, but I still want some tins to go in the household emergency rations ;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
How much are you wanting?

How about 6 tins depending on size and shipping costs?

Eds, I am a brummie by birth, grew up on Ghee;) and remember, Cardiff is only down the road from me but thanks for the offer:) Good stuff but not the same with a marmalade and marmite sandwich :( (point of education for those of you not from Birmingham, my home city is the curry centre of the world outside of the Indian sub continent, no offence to anyone from Manchester or up north who are still under the delusion that you can get a pukka curry anywhere north, south, east or west of brum)

nicodiemus, I tried the LSG forum but failed to find the answer there mate to my needs, good site though

Fishy, let me know the costs and size of tins please, many thanks

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE