Tinder Pouch

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I've just finished a small project,a Native American Style Flint&Steel / Tinder pouch,Made from a good quality CHAMOIS Leather.
ghf001.jpg

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Thanks,Just something to pass the time really.gonna have a go at Forging a Strikalight today,As I've just cut the end couple of inches off an old file to put with this kit.Works well though,And the Cigar looking things are Pine resin Glue sticks.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Well my mothers sewing machine wasn't up to it,so it is all hand stitched,and in all honestly it was alot easier than I thought it would be.Some parts had alot more give in them,So a thimble is necessary,And I'm thinking of putting para-cord in the Strap and covering it with the leather for abit of added piece of mind.

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
Well my mothers sewing machine wasn't up to it,so it is all hand stitched,and in all honestly it was alot easier than I thought it would be.Some parts had alot more give in them,So a thimble is necessary,And I'm thinking of putting para-cord in the Strap and covering it with the leather for abit of added piece of mind.

thanks for the info, saves me breaking my mums sewing machine and means i can do it in work when i get bored :) do u mind if i ask where u bought the leather?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE