Tinde Gathering and Camp of Course!!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
can you get old mans beard in norfolk anywhere ? :/

Hi Mandos, not a lot of use to you i know, possibly but unlikely, as it prefers altitude, lots of air moisture and (not dissing Norfolk!) But zero air pollution and interference, i sincerely hope somebody prooves me wrong.

But if you want i have one bag spare and are more than happy to send it to you.

Regards.

Ivan..

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
that would be awesome if you could pm me, such a shame can not find any natural fire lighting materials around in terms of fungi ect...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
that would be awesome if you could pm me, such a shame can not find any natural fire lighting materials around in terms of fungi ect...

PM Sent, and when i get out and about again, i will source some others for you, message you and if you like put a little tinder package together for you.

Ivan...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looks a great trip, I see Nutmeg's no daft and claimed the sleeping bag before you got a chance too. Did she relent? I'm dog sitting a poor Spaniel who's had to have his let pinned after falling out of bed poor lad. He's been cuddled up with me in front of the stove all afternoon.

Looks a lovely spot, I think we should title you Camp Finder General (not the Mr Grayson type!) as you always seem to pitch up at some great places.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Looks a great trip, I see Nutmeg's no daft and claimed the sleeping bag before you got a chance too. Did she relent? I'm dog sitting a poor Spaniel who's had to have his let pinned after falling out of bed poor lad. He's been cuddled up with me in front of the stove all afternoon.

Looks a lovely spot, I think we should title you Camp Finder General (not the Mr Grayson type!) as you always seem to pitch up at some great places.

Hi Colin, Nutmeg had to relent, as there was not enough room! Also it is one of the woods she never settles, too much fox, deer and badger activity, so she has a 4 point sentry duty!

I have worked hard to build up trust with farmers/landowners over the years, so i am lucky enough to have a great choice of venues, but most for very small numbers.

Very grateful, and so are some of my campmates.

Ivan...

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Great write up there, really enjoyed it. I've never seen old mans beard like that before, incredible growth! And I thought I'd seen some serious growth!! :yikes:

Looks like a decent time was had by all! Thanks for sharing :)

shutupthepunx

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2013
outer cosmos
nice pics. this thread inspired me to head out and try and find some.

i came home with too things, i duno if either are the right thing.

this picture looks like drugs, it's not.
2dmfcs4.jpg

is there a difference in the dark stuff i collected and the light stuff?? it was a damp/sleaty day so neither of them seemed to take a spark well, even when dried out a bit with my hands/clothes. though they are both by/on the radiator so i will try them again tomorrow.

shutupthepunx

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2013
outer cosmos
yeah both lit up today seemingly equally as well as far as i could see. placed a bit of charcloth on top, then got blowing. i imagine i could have cut out the middleman and just used my firesteel and beard if i had the patients but i was in a hurry today.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE