Tilly Lamp help needed please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Good spot!

From what I remember, Rik_UK is also a bit of an expert in pressure lamps so, if you have any other issues, drop him a line. Surprised he's not been on already!

Not me, stoves are my thing...I am jinxed with Tilley lamps giving me problem after problem (apart for a couple of table lamps and heaters) so I stick to Vapalux/Bialaddin which just seem to always work. A lot of folk have no problems with Tilley so I put my experience down to bad mojo between me and Tilley lamps, not other logical reason.

The stove site now has a dedicated lantern site too which is free to join and a friendly bunch
http://www.classicpressurelamps.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/1/

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
There's a Turkish guy sells five washers for silly money on eBay....

That'll be Sefaudi, a member of the Classic Camp Stoves forum (as am I, and a few others on here). His leather pump washers are (just about literally) held as being the best in the world. He's a great bloke to deal with.

Cheers

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Originally Posted by ged
Good grief! It must've been nicked. That's the same as mine and I can't bear to tell you what I paid!
Yep, MOF96 is a classic bit of kit - probably the only 1/4" worth having... Remind me, though - is it /only/ 1/4" or can you get 8mm (or 1/2") collets for it?

I will check the "Trend" book of words, to see if it gives that info when I get to work, but certainly wont be 1/2" capable, not sure if you can "up" to an 8mm in the smaller bodies or if you only come down from the 1/2" models fo smaller bore collets.
hijacked my own thread lol oops...

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE