Tick repellent help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mariobab

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2006
croatia
So, I went yesterday to cut some hazel shots and dogwood,for arrow shafts,and when came home had to remove two ticks.After many years of removing them and some commercial products last year I made repellent of lard and garlic,rubbed it in,and it worked until I came home,and my wife pointed to bathroom.Later she swore that she could smell it for days.I think she exaggerated .But today I told her that winter was warm,and there`s lot of tick out there,and should I my make my ointment.˝Of course you should,and you might as well sleep in tool shed˝.So do you people know any recipies for home made tick repellent or should I go commercial line?

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
I only know that commercial ointments with a high content of DEET ( at least 25%) and applied liberally and very often work quite well over here.
We sell swiss made "Antibrumm Forte" with 28% of DEET. Its a pump-action spray and when applied everywhere (skin, shoes, trousers) works really well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE