Surreal Surplus

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
The desert between Los Angeles county and Kern ; home to Edwards AFB, an iconic wind farm featured in countless movies. A huge mothballed fleet of commercial aircraft, The Devil’s Punchbowl.
There’s a surplus store by the nearby airport and several vintage warbirds. My resident nephew took me. A bell rang as we opened the door. I heard big band music from a small office. Lady sort of floated out. Reminded me of Dracula’s wives in BW. May I assist you? Of, just having a look.
She fades silently back to the office.
Everything has a dessicated smell
Like an Egyptian mummy that would shatter if dropped. It’s piled haphazardly And few price tags.
Then I see it; the full dress uniform of a Scottish regiment seargent- major. I can just make out a faded stencil ‘ Duncan Campbell’
I wonder how Duncan’s kit made its way to a desert surplus store?
We decide to leave. Vera is singing ‘ don’t know when——‘
We cross the street to the petrol convenience store. A dog staggers past , only living thing with a purpose. I buy a supersized cherry coke slurpy( crushed ice flavored)
We get in the car as a brief dust storm obliterates the world. I play with the radio. Los Angeles folk music programme just comes in with delicate adjustment of older Japanese dials.
It’s a popular Scottish singer from the 1990s
I tell my nephew ‘ Take me home’
That night I inventory my surplus gear for name tags.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE