ti mug heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I love the way the Chinese blatantly copy anything and don't give a damn about copyright laws

I love the way that other "manufacturers" buy in massive batches of stuff from China and stick their labels on em with a 2X plus markup...

Plus its a metal cup with folding wire handles, I can't see a huge amount of copyright potential in that design.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Apparently it's cool enough to pull the wind and will protect your health. They really should copy those that useful functions.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
The cars are quite a giggle too, no idea why anyone would want to copy a Daewoo though :)

http://gemssty.com/2006/10/29/top-10-copycat-cars/

I bought a 125cc Chinese Motorbike for my missus to learn on. Everyone said- wait for a while you'll never get parts.

It was called a Hongdo CG125- I got parts (plugs, indicators, exhaust cover etc after being dropped) from the local Honda or pattern parts dealer. It was a 99% exact copy of the Honda CG125.

I've found the same situation with my gennie too, a Kipor 2000 which is a copy of a Honda EU20i :)

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Let's not get ahead of ourselves- don't forget the major manufacturers are making these in China anyway.

That was my point also.

I love the way that other "manufacturers" buy in massive batches of stuff from China and stick their labels on em with a 2X plus markup...

Plus its a metal cup with folding wire handles, I can't see a huge amount of copyright potential in that design.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I remember seeing a BBC doc, where the guy went into a shop which was an exact copy of nike's flagship shop.
They even had the Nike tick and everything.
When he broached the subject, the chinese person played dumb, then seemed extremely embarrased that he would mention such a thing, not because of the blatant copyright, but because she might lose face!

Odd bunch the Chinese. Mind, they must think the same about us.
Wonder what they thought when they saw Rowan Atkinson at the olympics ceremony making fart noises....:lmao:

Last edited:

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
It works out about £15 delivered from China, the Alpkit MytiCup is only £14 and your supporting a good British brand (and no wait long wait for shipping). Although I've no doubt that both mugs were probably made in the same factory.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Not very big is it?:

Volume: 370ml

Diameter: 80mm height: 90mm thickness: 0.4mm

and no lid

It works out about £15 delivered from China, the Alpkit MytiCup is only £14 and your supporting a good British brand (and no wait long wait for shipping). Although I've no doubt that both mugs were probably made in the same factory.
From the bottom of that page:

Made in the Mysterious Titanium Caves of China
:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE