Thumbs up for Backpackinglight.co.uk

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Been looking on the site at kit and downloading the podcasts for a while now, finally got round to placing an order.

Placed on Wednesday, delivered on Saturday (good Friday in between), products were fantastic, even some cadburys cream eggs and a happy easter note thrown in, fantastic job and thank you.

Here is waiting for you to get a Shangri La 3 in green in stock :p

Cheers

Matt

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
I've used them in the past and again got a really quick turnaround and a wee bag of jelly babies
jon

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Emailed about the Bush Buddy stove got this reply next day

"No we are not getting any BB in I'm afraid.

However we are working on a project which will compare very favorably with the BB, and I'm hoping to have some news about it soon!"

Tantalizing :rolleyes: Will keep my ear to the ground no this.

I got the micro tarp with the Tarp DVD very informative :)

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I emailed GoLite ages ago, to ask if they were going to do a green Shangri La 3 - they didn't reply. :(

They are or were a few months back and they were due in March. Ah says mid April on their site.. probably shipping from US, though no US outlets seem to have them either yet, so would be that date is going to be pushed back.

Mike Benis

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2008
England
I'm fed up with waiting for Golite to get their act together. Will probably go with a Lavvulight from Tamarack. Anyone heard anything bad about it cf Hex/Shangi-la?

Cheers

Mike

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
They are or were a few months back and they were due in March. Ah says mid April on their site.. probably shipping from US, though no US outlets seem to have them either yet, so would be that date is going to be pushed back.

Where are you seeing that Jared, do you have a link?

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
not a problem, I thought the same as you and went searching, ended up there by luck actually, didn't think the Shangri La had made it onto UK listings yet. be good if it is in green, think I've just about persuaded the mrs too.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I love my Hex 3 and nest but there is no way I'd pay UK prices for one, or the new Hex, AKA Shangri

UK price for the same as mine, tent and inner bug nest and floor is £310

US price for the same is £190 :eek:

Find a friend in America to send you a nice birthday present

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
If you're getting the inner, is it worth investing in the floor as well?
Was having a look on the golite site and the shangrila3 is $225 + $125 = $350 = £175 delivery, over here it looks like you'll be able to get the same for £230 so I'm not sure its going to be that much of a saving.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I'm fed up with waiting for Golite to get their act together. Will probably go with a Lavvulight from Tamarack. Anyone heard anything bad about it cf Hex/Shangi-la?

Cheers

Mike

I have one and love it to bits. I don't use it with a groundsheet, just as supplied so no inner either.

The only thing it lacks is a loop to suspend it from trees, but that might get modded this summer!

Simon

Podcast Bob

Just found this thread started by Matt and thanks very much! Appreciate the acknowledgment of our efforts at BPL. It is just Rose and I and customer service is very important to us.

I've also passed on the comments from here and other threads to Golite directly to let them know they have dropped a big one, in relation to getting stock into the UK in time for our Spring season. However, they have held their hands up and put appropriate pressure to try and make amends.

So the message from them as of today (24/4/08) is, yes they will be with BPL on Monday 28th April, YES they are identical to the Hex3 (re inner nest etc) and YES they ARE in GREEN! (We didn't like the Bamboo either!)

;-)

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I've not been impressed by Golites custeromer services, before I I'd spoken to Bob I emailed them twice and apart from getting added to their mailing lists I had no reply at all, which is pretty poor from a company like them.

Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE