three tin cooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

soulstar1963

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2010
stoke on trent
Time to make around 20 minutes, weighs less than 3 ounces, costs next to nothing just recycled materials and has an integral pot stand.......Take a lynx can ( or similar ) cut off from the bottom at 55 mm high, punch in 12 holes (approximately 6mm diameter) near to the top and drill four smaller holes at the bottom. Cut some fibreglass matting ( cut at 90 mm and doubled over ) and wrap this around the bottom of the can. Put this into an empty cat food can, with the fold at the top. put these two cans into a tuna can cut down to 15mm high. Push some fibreglass insulation ( pinch a little from the loft when the wife isn't looking, i did ) inbetween these two cans and the stove is complete. Tip about 3/4 of a fluid ounce of meths into the lynx can and a quarter around the tuna can. It will boil 500ml of water straight from the tap in around 3 and a half minutes and will continue to boil for another 2 minutes. By doing without the tuna can segment and putting all the meths into the lynx can part of the stove, it will boil the same amount of water in approximately 7 minutes and will continue to burn for around 12 minutes. I think this is the best stove i have made so far, as it can be used for both fast boiling of water and slower simmering of food, however i can see one drawback so far and that is the lynx can isnt quite as strong as i would like it to be so i will be looking for an alternative. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :campfire: I am sorry i dont know how to put a pic on here but there is one on my profile :campfire: Thanks for reading this.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE