For Sale Three knives without sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I'm pushed for time and space at the moment and in the process of sorting to make space I came across these three knives that all need sheaths. Rather than leave them sat in a box for months to come, I thought it worth offering them up for those that are happy to make their own or commission one from someone else.

First up - a Mark Jacob blade handled by me.
The main section of wood is stabilised Redwood Burl with a micarta bolster and a spacer of Titanium between.
This is offered at Sold but others below still available posted in the UK.

https://i.postimg.cc/7Y9mzVqG/IMG-2302.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gra_farmer

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Second - a Chris Grant blade handled by me.
The style of this is something that really appeals to me. If it stays with me, I can cope with that! It's no pretty user though. The handle is black micarta with brass pins and red G10 liners. I have forced a striped patina on the blade for corrosion protection. As you'll notice in the close ups, there is a line of dimples above the bevels - these are witness marks from testing the blade hardness. They could have been groudn away but all that would happen is that steel would have been wasted. They won't affect use and will eventually disappear after some years worth of sharpening.
This is offered at £70 posted in the UK.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Third - a Chris Grant blade handled by me.
The blade on this is 12C27 and the handle is Orange G10 with carbon fibre pins and dark blue micarta liners.
Again, this is no pretty user. The blade is not highly polished. The edge is sharp with a consistant bevel along it's length set with a Wicked Edge sharpener but there are left over grind marks from an initial grind behind it which makes the edge look uneven. As above, this won't affect use and will sharpen out over time.
This is offered at £65 posted in the UK.

Specs are
105mm tip to front of handle.
221mm tip to rear of handle.
4mm thick 12C27 steel

Last edited:
Reactions: Ettrick reiver

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
107mm tip to front of handle, 222mm tip to rear of handle.
The blade is O1 in 5mm thick stock but 2mm at the spine (thicker in the centre) so doesn't feel like it's a thick blade.

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I thought it worth putting up a shot to show the scale of these two versus some more standard items as I think it's hard to get a feel of the size from the other shots.

IMG-2391.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE