Three crafted wooden indoor lights! (with photos)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Hello I just want to share 3 hand crafted wooden indoor lights I have! Perhaps you get some inspiration! The last one is the most advanced with large end-grain sides. I think they make a nice light. :) Sorry if I write english like a drunk drives a car but the pictures is written in an universal language :D.

1st lamp is made from standing dead pinewood which has been carved hollow. I have a 1.6w LED-light in it.
img1509l.jpg

2nd lamp is made only from birch bark.
img1510kj.jpg

And the last lamp which I find to be the most complexed.
img1511v.jpg

If you wonder about something I can take close ups etc. Have fun!

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Your lights are very nice indeed, and your english is very good too. Mush better than 99 o/o of the people who normally speak English, can speak in Swedish. Your lamp shades designs are beautiful.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
The birch bark one is lovely! I wish we got nice thick birch bark over here.

Inspirational - I'm sure there are many people on here who would like some more closeups to maybe have a go themselves.

Thanks for sharing.

Fat ferret

Forager
May 24, 2012
Galloway
[QUOTE=Sorry if I write english like a drunk drives a car

That's a hilarious quote and good work too. Not something I ever thought of making. Well done.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
The birch bark one is lovely! I wish we got nice thick birch bark over here.

Inspirational - I'm sure there are many people on here who would like some more closeups to maybe have a go themselves.

Thanks for sharing.
Yes the one made of birch bark is probably the easiest to make the bushcraft way, if there is such a way. The birch bark is not that thick but most stuff is made of 2 or even 3 layers glued together. That way it becomes stronger, thicker and it retain its shape much better.
img1520ss.jpg

img1525d.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE