Thoroughly scunnered :sigh:

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Maybe this'll help you feel a bit better?

P1040699.jpg

Not done yet but it's getting there...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Rain....lovely stuff

We had a drop yesterday...proper rain. First time since March

So I went out to see my lovely water collection system just installed

Greenhouse Water Butts System by British Red, on Flickr

Guess whose tap had been damaged in transit?

So Guess who had to remove a barrel in the first chuffing rain in weeks?

Then of course the woodpigeons appeared determined to decimate my brassicas..so had to make a 25' long temporary netting structure today :(

Now we seem to have slug damage in the greenhouse...and I don't like using insecticides......<sigh> Nematode time

I feel for you Mary

Some days you are the pigeon, some days you are the statue

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:p
s'mine, well, it will be :D

M

British Red, I'd have to have an overflow pipe from those to the burn. Looks very tidy and efficient though :D especially if water is an issue.
I know an organic smallholding where they keep a small pond in their greenhouse (car tyre size) and it has toads in it. They seem to be remarkably efficient at taking care of the slugs and assorted buggits.

cheers,
M

Last edited:

dwolfhunter

Jan 27, 2011
Virginia, USA
Toddy

Sorry to hear that your poorly. Weather last week in upstate NY was just lovely...though now I am back in VA and feeling like the allergy bomb exploded in my face. All together, taken as equal...I would pitch The US and move back to Montrose. But I fear my experience as a banker in the US would be less than useful, in the UK.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh I don't know about that.....ours seem to be in need of a good cull tbh :sigh: Maybe the thought that other people are available to do a better job than they seem to manage, would slim the fatcat mindset a bit.

I think the repeated soaking and drying out today has kind of cleared out a lot of my cold :D feeling a lot better than I did this morning, that's for sure :) and it's cleared up a lot too, pity the midgies are out :sigh: I'm going to look a honey weeding in a Beaton's jacket :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
It's been awful here, it's been 45c with 60% humidity and not a breath of wind.
The heat hits you like a hammer and you can't sweat properly to cool down.
I'd kill for some nice cool rain at the moment.
What's worse is the knowledge that it's only going to get worse, and there is meant to be a heatwave on the way.
50+ and 100% is not unknown.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Mary,

You have rain? Down here on the flat bit we've got cracks in the land I can stick my hand in easily up to the knuckles, I worry the little Jack Russel might break her legs in them!

I hope you're soon feeling a bit brighter though.

Dave.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Looking good :D :D

Eh.
I've got small hands, but not tiny ones, it's looking pretty good as it is. I'm not a fan of big and chunky, I just get tired out gripping that. The Mora's are fine for me though, the helle polar is a really comfortable grip too.

Can't see you making an uncomfortable handle Stew :)

atb,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Mary,

You have rain? Down here on the flat bit we've got cracks in the land I can stick my hand in easily up to the knuckles, I worry the little Jack Russel might break her legs in them!

I hope you're soon feeling a bit brighter though.

Dave.

Oh we have had rain, and more rain :rolleyes: but so far today it's dry :D :D My garden is a jungle just now.

My cold kind of burned into a fever during the night but that seems to have really cleared it out. I'm hopefully on the mend :D
Summer colds are a misery :sigh: and despite all the decongestants and paracetamols and hot herbal drinks, it'll take it's own sweet time to go away. No instant cure unfortunately.
Never mind, I'm going to finish reading the forum's new posts and then go and finish what I kept trying to get done yesterday.

Hope it rains, really rains, slow and often so the ground absorbs it, for the South, soon.

cheers,
M

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
We've had alternating bands of rain and sun here for a few days.

I have been trying to sort the shed out, but every time I get started, it start to hammer down.

Also causing trouble 'cos the kids are at home and my son is getting fed up at not being able to go out, which means I have to entertain him.

Looking forward to this nice weather the forecasters have promised for the end of the week

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Leave a cold untreated and it will last a week - treat it and it only lasts seven days.........

After that it is Rhinitis, sinusitis, flu or the Black Death!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE