This Steak is better than That Steak...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
There was a great mini series on TV recently with Neil Oliver and Chris Packham (amongst others) looking at the ancient history of the Orkney Islands. On one of the small islands they vsisited there were still cattle that have been left to their own devices for 40 years, since the last inhabitants left. I wouldn't have thought that was a viable gene pool but they are still there however many generations later - needless to say the team left them well alone; they were definitely behaving like wild animals.

Reactions: santaman2000

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
There's a Scottish Island where farmers leave their sheep to fend for themselves. The island is so poor for grazing that the sheep have supplemented their diet with scavenged sea birds and other meat that can get hold of.

In also heard that sheep were right up high in the list of animals killing humans. Having seen two rams head butt once I would not want to see one coming for me!! I'm serious BTW, it's something about the height they butt at is likely to be human head height. If that's wrong then it was the independent or guardian newspaper I believe I read it in.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Paul now you’ve put me in mind of one of my dreams as a younger hunter: I wanted the “Grand Slam“: bagging at least one each of the four major species of North American wild sheep
-Dall Sheep
-Stone Sheep
-Rocky MountainBoghorns
-Desert Bighorns (also called Nelson’s Sheep)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE