This Steak is better than That Steak...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Had a delectable one last night. Tasty and succulent.

The reason for this was it was a 28 day matured steak.

With a 28 day matured price tag. (How Inflation grows!)

So, if the reason for my steak being so nice is simply time...

...Is there any logical way I can mature it by myself at home? I dont mind waiting.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi TeeDee, nope, got the degree though. Super handy these days. Are you?

Me , No. I can only get Physical on occasion when required :) But seriously , I'm too Dense..

I'm just putting 2 And 2 together and from your sentence above , namely :-

"But don't do it. Feel for the poor cow's soul."

I wondered how one may balance the Two things which to me would be opposing beliefs.

As far as I know no-one has quantified the Soul have they?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I love cows too. They are charming animals, they do useful things like conservation grazing, they make milk and leather, meat...and horn.

Reactions: santaman2000
Mar 6, 2020
Hemel Hempstead
Yes, it is true, the wolf sees it differently. But the wolf is poorly adapted to live off humas, granola and quinoa. So, I think there is a bit of a justification for the wolf. I am not saying don't do it, that is your choice, just think of the cows poor soul as it graduates from bovine university.

(reading my last post, I think an old milk cow would probably be ok with becoming a Radley handbag or some awesome shoes)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
If the cow is a Very Good Cow, it will be reborn in India where it will be permitted to starve to death, or choke on plastic which it mistakes for food.

We look after our livestock in this country.

Mar 6, 2020
Hemel Hempstead
I think you are right, I had no idea how complex this is. Spent ages reading about it. Think there is a middle way of only having high grade diary, that way some of the cows get to live a reasonable life. Gosh, who would have thought it was this hard.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not really. In order to get milk you have to kill the calf.
Unless you rear the calf for meat or milk. Females become more milking cows and you can kill the males or breed for pink veal in a very ethical meat production. There's ways round this calf killing and it's only the males in milk herds that get killed. Certainly according to the milk farmer I know.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I love cows too. They are charming animals, they do useful things like conservation grazing, they make milk and leather, meat...and horn.
They're also dumb as....

A mate worked at a cattle farm and he told me the story of a view that died in the stalls. The only way to get it out was by using the digger to lift it out on slings. So they did that and the other cows in the stall got to see Doris the dead cow flying above them as it got taken out of its stall. Apparently they went silent and just stared at what they saw. Very funny, but he told the story a lot better

• Sad
Reactions: Allison McKenzie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE