this one's a bit different!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
A Scandinavian-style serving spoon with a hook on the back so you can hook it on the edge of your pan:
IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

You do the hook by leaving a lump on the back of the handle and drilling a hole through it (cordless drill - very trad craft :rolleyes: ) Before you ask, no, I didn't axe that one out - it is Robin's work :D
Nicola

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
That hook idea should be patented. Cool.

I once heard a story about a chinese guy who invented a system for foraging ducks amongst his rice paddies, They ate the slugs increasing rice yields and giving eggs and surplus ducks too. The idea spread rapidly. When told he should patent the idea he asked why he should want to stop someone else using his good idea?

Anyway it's not our idea it is found on lots of traditional old spoons in Sweden and even )though not quite so elegant) on some old Welsh ladles.

We should also thank Rosco for the wood which was a nice crook he brought along on our last course, I think he said it was lilac. was that right John?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE