Thermarest trouble

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Compo Semite

Feb 7, 2012
Wales
I have a thermarest air mat but it is leaking. I blow the thing up and about ten minutes later it's as flat as a pancake! how can I fix it?...

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
If it's a recent purchase, return it to the store.
If not and your feeling hands on. Inflate it, then put it in the bath with water and look for where the bubbles are coming from. 9 times out of ten you'll be able to seal it if it's in an easy place (not around valve or a seam) but these places can be sealed too.

touched by nature

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Inflate it and put it in the bath... see where the air is coming from and use either the thermarest repair kit or a puncture repair kit.

If it's the valve, contact cascade designs directly as they offer a lifetime warranty.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Put it in your bath and find where the leak is first.

You can buy a Thermarest repair kit for a puncture but if it's a split seam you might struggle repairing it

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
another approach is to use a spray bottle of soapy water - inflate pad and spray it with the soapy water, squeeze the pad a little and look for the soap bubbles

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Last time my mat was losing air i found the leak and repaired it with a bicycle puncture repair kit. Held fat better than the kit that comes with the mat.

Wintrup

Forager
Nov 5, 2005
London
Once you've found the puncture spot, mark it exactly and fully deflate the bag rolling out all the air. Close the valve. Roll out the mat, find the mark and put a tiny blob of glue on. Some of the glue will be pulled in through puncture spot and should seal the puncture. Worked for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE