Therm-a-rests on offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grahoom

Forager
May 27, 2005
oxford
pathmusick.hermetech.net
mine arrived yesterday, did a quick test on the living room floor seems really comfortable, and i dont think i will mind not having my lower legs on something soft, and anyhow, hopefully will be using it in a hammock also (as my back sometimes get cold in a hammock) - and 3/4 seems perfect size for that.

nipper

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I have been unable to pick up any of the thermarests that were on offer for £19.99. But I did notice that strikeforce supplies have a similar product called a thermalite for £25:00.

The spec looks the same but I would be interested to know if any members have tried these rollmats out? if so what were they like?

Can anybody help!

Nick

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i have a thermalite (made by highlander iirc) and i've done a side by side comparison with the equivalent thermarest. for all intents and purposes they are identical. the only difference i could see was the valve.

it's a very good mat and i've used it a lot with no problems. it even comes with two stuff sacks and a repair kit.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've got a thermarest that is in a sorry state. It had a fight with a bunch of thorns in the desert that were not seen and now has some huge tears in the fabric. I've been in contact with the German repair service for Thermarest who say they will repair it for 15 euros. Thing is, it is quite badly damaged with multiple holes, and I wonder if they will be able to repair it. Obviously, I would check for thorny things, but whilst on exercise you get your head down where you are told to. Partly my fault, but the question stands, will they be able to repair it?

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Those must have been the thorns that attacked mine in the desert.
I retired it and purchased another. MY old one wsa shiny on both sides, so sometimes you would wake up away from the mat. :rolleyes:

leon-1

spamel, I would think that they should be able to repair it, for a start it is not in thier best interest to fail. Thermarests are an expensive peice of kit and they will want people to buy from them again and even just repairing is worth money to them.

Remeber word of mouth is how a lot of this stuff is sold "I bought a thermarest and it has been brilliant" or "the people at thermarest repaired my old one and it was spot on" is all good press for them

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE