Therm-a-rests on offer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
Hi,

Does anyone know what the difference between the Standard Lite 3/4 and the Pro Lite 3/4 is?

Grez..

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
raskusdrotti said:
Stupid question, but how effective are the 3/4 length mats?

I've been looking at thermarests for a while, but can make any decisions :eek:

Neil

Personally, I wouldent touch the 3/4 length mats. For the sake of a few gramms its worthwhile getting the full length ones.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Neil,

Mine arrived yesterday. Very comfortable on the lounge floor! We're using them at the weekend, albeit camping not "proper" bushcraft. I'll let you know how we get on. It should be a good test because my wife is quite fussy about what she sleeps on, disliking conventional air matresses and foam rolls equally.

The 3/4 length packs down quite small - about like two toilet rolls end to end.

Cheers,

Dave

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Wouldn't use a 3/4 myself either, as an aside anyone know how good the Decathalon immitation thermarests for abour 1/4 the price are?
Cheers
David

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
Just a note to say that thermarests have a lifetime guarantee. I purchased one for £5 that had delaminated, sent it away and they sent me a new prolite 3 (full length) as a replacement.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Well, the 3/4 lengths got a big thumbs up from both myself and Elaine. Probably the best nights kip in a tent for either of us. Far better than regular air beds or foam rolls. Neither of us noticed there was nothing under our lower legs.

Dave

P.S. - Anyone got any ideas for using up 2 old foam roll-mats?

Wavey Davey

Jul 8, 2005
Suffolk
Looking forward to getting mine hopefully this week. They are good aren't they. I've slept on one a few times and you're right, Dave, in what you say - airbeds or roll-mats don't really come close in my experience either.

flibb - Interesting what you pointed out - I didn't realise that. I knew Zippo and Leatherman do that kind of thing but not Thermarest. Good way of picking up a cheap one as you say.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE