The Xmas Booze Thread.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
What tipples will ye be partaking in, this festive season?

Ive just ordered a bottle of Ben Nevis 10 year old single malt whisky, from the Green Welly Stop in Tyndrum, as I had a fair bit at the bar, last time I was staying in a hotel in Fort William.

Im no expert, but this was by far the best Whisky I have tasted.

Over to you....

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Very nice drop there Dave. My local has a bottle. Mine will be a sample of each of this year's homebrews (there have been a few!) and maybe a cheeky sloe gin or 5! And I have it on good authority said local has a barrel of titanic plum porter on order! If you're reading don't worry johnie, I've reserved us a few!

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A lovely and slightly mad Dane named Heidi has confided her Glögg recipe to me. Its a syrup based recipe rather like the mulled wine recipe that I usually do, www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36071 . I have to say it may even eclipse the normal mulled wine. Cardamom was a surprise ingredient - as was blackcurrant - but the result is outstanding!

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Morgan's Spiced Gold for me, with the odd tot of Palmers Gold Cap scotch for an occasional change of pace.

Cheers!

Dave

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Home made - wine (various hedgerow wines), Sloe Gin, Sloe Brandy, Blackberry Vodka, Sloe Port (wine poured over the Sloe Brandy fruit after the Sloe Brandy has been bottled)
Bought - some kind of decent red wine, whatever Whisky I get given as prezzies.....

Nic Le Becheur

Forager
Sep 10, 2015
Ludlow
It all depends what I can find in my brother's cellar, as we spend Yule with the extended family under his roof :) But in an unusual fit of providence when I was last staying with his family Oop North jun the summer, I did lay in some of these:

http://www.levenshall.co.uk/shop-and-eat/morocco-ale.html

I hope the bugger hasn't found and drunk them - but he does have a saying: "You don't need to open a good bottle of drink to appreciate it."

What tipples will ye be partaking in, this festive season?

Ive just ordered a bottle of Ben Nevis 10 year old single malt whisky, from the Green Welly Stop in Tyndrum, as I had a fair bit at the bar, last time I was staying in a hotel in Fort William.

Im no expert, but this was by far the best Whisky I have tasted.

Over to you....

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Looks an interesting ale.
My favorite ale, would be the Black Sheep Ale, brewed up in Masham.
A delicious bitter.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm hoping for some good port as a present :D

If this bad weather keeps up Mike you'll get away with cheap port. You know what they say... (drumroll)... Any old port in a storm. (Badoom tish!)

(I'll get my coat) :rolleyes:

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
2b10111c-604e-4313-bf2e-059d4d2e7fd8_zpscwdqe41w.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE