The Wild Gourmets

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Does anyone remember a series with Guy Grieve and Thomasina Miers called 'The Wild Gourmets' ?

If so has anyone managed to find full episodes online or know if it's on DVD anywhere, my efforts have proved fruitless!!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Got his Alaskan adventures in paperback. Interesting guy!!!

Have you tried contacting the production company for info or BBC who I think commissioned it?

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Got his Alaskan adventures in paperback. Interesting guy!!!

Have you tried contacting the production company for info or BBC who I think commissioned it?

Yeah, Call of the Wild is a great book. You can watch the film of it on Youtube if you search 'Escape to Alaska'

Good idea with the commissioning company...thanks

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
An enjoyable few programmes although i can't seem to take to the fella Grieve, be good to see them again.

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
I think that's the problem, there are no copies! It seems the link to the Australian one says it's not out til June over there....anyone got any Aussie friends??

Its been out in Aus for years and actually now isnt available anymore. I have contacted a few Aussies but havent heard anything back yet, i cant find a copy ANYWHERE, i even emailed the production company but havent heard anything back. There MUST be a copy somewhere?!?!?!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
It's such a shame as it was a great series, I don't understand why it was never repeated. There was another series about the countryside and various countryside pursuits with Jonny Scott and Clarissa Dickson Wright a few years ago that I really enjoyed but I can't remember the name of it, although I think that it wasn't continued or repeated for fear of upsetting the townies :)

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Yay! I eventually found a copy in New Zealand via Amazon it arrived today so will hopefully get to watch it on the weekend. I'm hoping it's as good as I recall!

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I have the book and DVDs - if you keep your eyes open on Amazon and Ebay, you will find they come up, although not usually cheap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE