The Wild Gourmets: Adventures in Food and Freedom

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
i got a copy from a bargain shop too,
interested to know what the "po boy sandwich" would be like ( deep fried oyster buttie )

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Werent the wild gormets the tv series with that guy bloke getting his butt out. The recipe book might be ok but the series was full of errors. The butt shots were the best bit, and i grew bored of those after two epposides

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I got the book as a present, and it left me with very mixed feeling.

Their idea of 'camping' is the opposite of minimalist. Her idea of minimal kitchen equipment is more extensive than what I have in my kitchen! Needs a vehicle to carry it all around. His quick camp seems to involve felling about a dozen trees.

The recipes look good, but I'm not impressed by the book as a whole, although they do seem to have respectable skills. Useful in parts would be my summary.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
have to say the point of the programe was to show that even when living like they did that it is possible to have good grub.but with a camera crew in tow anyone they meet or ask is less likely to say no.alot goes on behind the scenes we wont see but even though i thought it was fun programme.guy being a renowned adventurer.thomasina just has to be herself as far as i'm concerned.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
We found the series humourous at best. As stated above a fully stocked Vehicle kitchen and much Tree destruction....

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
isnt it about what you are able to take with you,some of us take a sack with the essentials others have a vehicle that they use as thier means of lugging gear about.it all depends how comfortable you want to be.does ray not take a landy full of gear on his expeditions then a sack other times.its was a food programme,bit useless without a fully stocked kitchen wouldnt you say? i cant remember the title saying "the wild gourmets bushcraft tucker adventuers" the poles for the tent probably needed coppicing anyway.like i said before,we dont know what went on behind the scenes, those poles may have been carried site to site by a support vehicle. i think the point of the programme has been missed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE