the versitiliy of noodles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
If I take tinned food with me I leave them in the tin.
I find a tin weighs nothing and it is also a more secure way of carrying the food (no zip lock to burst open!).
Disposal of a dirty tin is no more onerous than disposal of a dirty bag. I crush the tin and put it in a spare carrier bag I always take for removal of rubbish.
Personally, I've never seen the point of transferring the contents of a tin to a bag. The ony advantage to that, I suppose, is that a bag is softer and can form around other items for better use of space. But I find tins are pretty fairly shaped (round) and since they are full of contents anyway no space is lost.

ragamuffin

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2009
plymouth
i was only trying to cut out the weight of the tin by trancefurring it to a different container but i guess i could live with it. besides it'll only be in there the first night an it'll get eaten so its no big deal.

ragamuffin

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2009
plymouth
If I take tinned food with me I leave them in the tin.
I find a tin weighs nothing and it is also a more secure way of carrying the food (no zip lock to burst open!).
Disposal of a dirty tin is no more onerous than disposal of a dirty bag. I crush the tin and put it in a spare carrier bag I always take for removal of rubbish.
Personally, I've never seen the point of transferring the contents of a tin to a bag. The ony advantage to that, I suppose, is that a bag is softer and can form around other items for better use of space. But I find tins are pretty fairly shaped (round) and since they are full of contents anyway no space is lost.

looks like a lot of money for something you can do without. just use a sandwich bag or small pill tubs work well. why does it need to be waterproof. are you going swiming with it.lol

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
looks like a lot of money for something you can do without. just use a sandwich bag or small pill tubs work well. why does it need to be waterproof. are you going swiming with it.lol

Eh?
That doesn't make any sense whatsoever in reply to what I posted. Money? Waterproof? I don't get it.

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Durulz I think ragamuffin was meant to quote my post regarding a spice/seasoning container!

Yeah I was thinking a pill box or something, waterproof just in case I need to use it as a flotation device when river crossing :D

ragamuffin

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2009
plymouth
Durulz I think ragamuffin was meant to quote my post regarding a spice/seasoning container!

Yeah I was thinking a pill box or something, waterproof just in case I need to use it as a flotation device when river crossing :D

sorry about that. i'm still getting use to this contraption. give me a hammer an nails any day.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Thanks for the recipe ideas! I do like noodles, I tend to buy the Lidl cheap ones - curry and chicken are great.

Just out of interest, for those of you who bring spices and seasoning, what type of small air+water tight jar or pot do you use?
I've see these light my fire things but the look expensive for what they are - http://www.craigdonmountainsports.com/light-my-fire-spice-box

I use "Screw-fix" containers and baby food ones from Boots:

condimentcontainers.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE