the versitiliy of noodles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ragamuffin

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2009
plymouth
my prefured camp ration is noodles an i discovered a classic mix that works. its noodles, chopped tomatoes and corndbeef. its brills. just adds weight to the pack. post your fave veriation on noodles. it would be good to get a list of noodle ideas. oodles of noodles.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I used this combination this weekend when out in the cuds with the lads;

Cheap (9p) tesco noodles - chicken flavour.
Salt and pepper.
Frozen sliced and diced vegetables (£1 for a kilo in Tesco).
Boiled and then simmered water.

I also added fried onions and chopped chorizo gifted by Stooboy.

Much lighter than corned beef which, though I like it, tends to repeat on me.

Liam

rickyc

Jan 24, 2010
shifnal
I carry a couple off packs of the 9p curry noodles from Asda in my day kit just in case i get hungry.. this time of year a handfull of nettel tops and some wild garlic (ransoms) leaves finished off with a few un cooked flowers ontop and you cant go wrong! ;-)

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I too like the cheapo chicken noodles...from Asda mine, one recipe is, I throw in some straw mushrooms, water chestnuts and spring onions with a spoonful of Tom Yum/Yam paste, delicious. ;)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Chicken noodles
pinch of dried chili flakes
spring onions
left over roast chicken

voila...spicy chicken noodle soup!

Blue Dragon/Super noodles are like mana from nirvana

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
Good old noodles also cheap for familys to add for a just in case box,for when a short term disruption in food supplies comes about(snow,volcano downing flights lol etc)

The cheaper the better they taste it seems to me.

Noodles,i can of chopped toms that has been placed in a ziplock bag then in my cup,thrown in with a foil packet of tuna,mmmmm lovley

P

Pcwizme

Noodles + Love apple sauce + 2 fried sausages cut up small = happy me!

Or Noodles with some chilli powder and some other herbs and spices are lovely.... just depends what mood i am in (More a pasta person now days)

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
noodles + sliced dried / cured sausage, pepperami, chorizo, kabanos, lidl's salami - a dash of tabasco and all is well with the world :) and if u want to push the boat out, some crushed/crumbled dried mushrooms in the mix too.

This stuff is great in noodles too: Furikake ...

http://www.japanesefoodshop.co.uk/sesame--seasoning-22-c.asp

... just the first link I found ... meant for rice, works great with noodles too.

May 13, 2009
Cornwall
Noodles + Chicken or Chorizio + jamaican Hot pepper sauce. If I can get a few mushrooms then these will go in to but this is my staple for a quick energy boost.

I think I have tried most noodles out there but still prefer the Bachelor SuperNoodles, I just find them more filling.........:)

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Chicken noodles
pinch of dried chili flakes
spring onions
left over roast chicken

voila...spicy chicken noodle soup!

Blue Dragon/Super noodles are like mana from nirvana

Yep you just bout got that perfect I would finish with some chopped coriander or parsley Noodle doodle dandy lol

Last edited:

ragamuffin

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2009
plymouth
thanx for all the replys, i'm not fussed where my noodles come from, the cheaper the better i say. its just one of those ones that fits in the billy well an has no weight at all. what sort of bag do you use for the contense of your tinned food?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE