The ultimate waterproofing solution?

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
I seem to recall someone saying the result of inhalation being like Asbestosis.....

I can imagine it being a really horrible problem if this stuff stopped mucous membrane linings in the airway and so on from working normally - since those membranes rely on being moist it could get very nasty if they got 'waterproofed'. I've absolutely no clue what might happen, but I'll be it wouldn't be good.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
At a bike show a couple of years back a guy hauled me into his booth to demonstrate some stuff like that on my boots. He put my boot on one of those shoe-shine stands, did the business on the boot (with my foot still in it) and then demonstrated pouring water on the boot and watching it roll off without wetting it.

So I said "now pour it on the other one". He did. Everybody watching fell about laughing when exactly the same thing happened - the water just ran off without wetting the boot.

"Mars Oil", I said. :)

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
I remember seeing a snippit on a tv programme about this product (or a very similar one) about two years ago, and they implied that US special forces had been using it on jackets / boots etc. Cant wait for it to be rolled out to the public!!!

two points,

one its classed as a shiney object , there fore i must have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

two, to the old people of the forum,

Alec Guinness , THE MAN IN THE WHITE SUIT.................. its come to life at last.

all i need now is enough chain link fencing to go around the whole of london on the M25 and I will die a happy man

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE