The ultimate guide to surviving anywhere

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tk421

Oct 7, 2010
lincolnshire
Hi storm-trooper tom here again. Now, the best book, as a guide that I've found out on the market is SAS Survival Handbook: The ultimate guide to surviving anywhere. it has every thing from shelter to traps and preparing meat, flora and fauna, camp crafts loads of useful info from £10. Bargain, and a must buy for any newcomer, and a good reference for the expert so I hear.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAS-Surviva...4939/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1288200670&sr=8-2

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yup, had my copy since I was twelve. I rarely read it these days but it's nice to have just for the memories. When I see it on the shelf it reminds me of my youf and those summer holidays building dens and traps in the woods where I grew up.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yup, had my copy since I was twelve. I rarely read it these days but it's nice to have just for the memories. When I see it on the shelf it reminds me of my youf and those summer holidays building dens and traps in the woods where I grew up.

Same here. The mid-eighties eh, what a time.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It reminds you of Shewie's youf and those summer holidays building dens and traps in the woods where he grew up.?? eeeek :lmao:

Eeeerrr, ooooh. Just the bit about having mine when I was 12 and it spurring me to get out and faff in the woods. I can categorically state without any hesitation that Stewie and I never played with each other in the Eighties or any other fine decade for that matter :togo: Damn you and your wicked minds.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Eeeerrr, ooooh. Just the bit about having mine when I was 12 and it spurring me to get out and faff in the woods. I can categorically state without any hesitation that Stewie and I never played with each other in the Eighties or any other fine decade for that matter :togo: Damn you and your wicked minds.

Hmm well okay if you say so. However my minds aren't wicked, nosiree. My minds are perfectly normal and sane, the lot of them.....

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Looking on my dusty bookshelves, I've still got my 1986 copy of Lofty's SAS Survival Handbook, Eddie McGee's "No Need To Die" and just found Anthony Greenbank's "The Survival Handbook" tucked away on my bookshelf.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Looking on my dusty bookshelves, I've still got my 1986 copy of Lofty's SAS Survival Handbook, Eddie McGee's "No Need To Die" and just found Anthony Greenbank's "The Survival Handbook" tucked away on my bookshelf.

Ditto, Some great books, my first was the Anthony Greenbanks book "Survival for young people" in hardback, aloso got the paperback a couple of years back.

Wings

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Ahh, the old SAS Survival handbook. I've got the original, 2 different covers Collins Gems and the iPhone App. The app is great as it has got some video of Lofty doing his stuff. Will look out for the Ray Mears book though, maybe on the Christmas list.

whitey3192

Forager
Oct 23, 2010
North yorkshire
ahh i have a copy of this book, the origional coverd one. my dad 'aquired' it when he was a training instructor at catterick for me when i was about 13 and basicly sent me off to play with it.
still flick through it today, its a brilliant aide memoire and like i said the army lads use it to incorprate survival into living in the field lessons.

brilliant book and would recomend it to anyone

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE