The ultimate bunnet ;-)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You'll get stuck by lightning wearing that!

(Nothing to do with the weather, just divine retribution :))

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You do know that in Northern Europe that for most of history, pink is an incredibly masculine colour ? Considered warm, healthy, vibrantly alive and very macho and strong.?

It could then be rationalised that by giving pink offerings to Mr Fenna that you are in effect acknowledging his superior masculinity ;) and in encouraging the practice encouraging a cult of admiration of aforementioned masculinity :)

I wondered about the bunnet in green. I could see that being a useful thing under wet trees or when working in the garden; a bit like a modern day coolie hat. Our fixation with brollies effectively removes the use of one hand, and hoods aren't always the answer either. It does look a touch ridiculous though :D

atb,
M

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Natural pink dye is very hard to come by in the wild, it is a colour reserved only for very special people :) how much pink did we see on the moot? Not a lot. Only the centre piece of course

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I can see the potential in an item like this but designed and made properly; I've always thought the umbrella a very underrated piece of kit in certain situations. But something made on the other side of the planet and sipped from there for less than a tenner? It's going to break, and sooner rather than later. But as said, the idea is sound...............................atb mac

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Some bonnet.
In an abeam wind of force 3, I reckon you would need an up wind heading of plus 50 degrees to counteract leeway.
On the other hand, I think the same folk produce a sort of tabard, made from rattan, with huge pocket flaps which can be deployed outboard to act as leeboards.

Ceeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE