Advice on a Back Pack Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
After a New back pack/rucksack for days out, will be carrying, binoculars, 2 water bottles, first aid kit, small led torch, i pad, small amount of food, will need room to fit 2 light weight coats when it gets warm,

Like the look and expandability of this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOLLE-US-...567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4616729c37

But can't find anyone local selling them to have a good look inside and out to see if it will be any good,
Maximum budget of £25

Prefer Black as it will live in back of car as I found black stuff isn't visible looking through back window into boot of 4x4.

All advice gratefully received,

Atb
Dave.

*Dusty*

Tenderfoot
Oct 21, 2011
N Ireland
Won't need a big bag for that at all. can't comment on that particular ebay special but it's a clone of a Maxpedition bag. Generally in my experience you get what you pay for though.

Try Endicotts.co.uk for something surplus?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Prefer Black as it will live in back of car as I found black stuff isn't visible looking through back window into boot of 4x4..."

Centuries ago, when I was a roadie, I used to keep all my gear (all my life actually) in a old Berghaus Munro, it was battered, dirty and patched with gaffa tape. No one gave it a second glance, it was never stolen or rummaged through. Amongst other things it contained my Apple Powerbook, a rare and expensive item at the time.

I would suggest that the Molle type pack in your link looks like a pack that would contain valuable items, 'they' might not spot it in the back of the car but if they do, I reckon they'd be more inclined to grab it than they would some old dusty Munro.

:)

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Centuries ago, when I was a roadie, I used to keep all my gear (all my life actually) in a old Berghaus Munro, it was battered, dirty and patched with gaffa tape. No one gave it a second glance, it was never stolen or rummaged through. Amongst other things it contained my Apple Powerbook, a rare and expensive item at the time.

I would suggest that the Molle type pack in your link looks like a pack that would contain valuable items, 'they' might not spot it in the back of the car but if they do, I reckon they'd be more inclined to grab it than they would some old dusty Munro.

Ha got a fair paint there, I've been thinking of making a roller cover to fit the back of my old shogun, if I don't get around to making it I'll get a different type and colour.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Ha got a fair paint there, I've been thinking of making a roller cover to fit the back of my old shogun, if I don't get around to making it I'll get a different type and colour.

A roller cover would still invite suspicion, how about a dog or cat travel box, get a used one of ebay, drag it behind the shogun for a bit to get it all scratched up and dirty, put a bit of silver gaffa on it to make it look like its on its last legs and keep your pack in there.

I used to keep my tools in one in the back of my old Defender, the back door didn't lock and my cat was dead so it seemed like a good use for it. No one nicked my stuff.

Last edited:

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
A roller cover would still invite suspicion, how about a dog or cat travel box, get a used one of ebay, drag it behind the shogun for a bit to get it all scratched up and dirty, put a bit of silver gaffa on it to make it look like its on its last legs and keep your pack in there.

I used to keep my tools in one in the back of my old Defender, the back door didn't lock and my cat was dead so it seemed like a good use for it. No one nicked my stuff.

Mate, that's a great idea, got an old one in the shed somewhere, can't wait to see the missus' face when I show her, she'll think I've got her one of those yapping lapdogs she likes :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE